A BER is composed of 2 items:
A BER Certificate or Building Energy Rating Certificate shows how your home rates on a scale of A to G
A rated homes are the most energy efficient and will usually have
Lower energy and heating bills.
An Advisory Report identifies potential energy performance improvements that could lead to better comfort levels, reduced energy use, and reduced heating costs.
- If you build a new house in Ireland, a BER Certificate is compulsory and required on completion of your building.
- A home owner must provide a BER to prospective buyers or tenants when a home is offered for sale or rent.
- A BER is valid for up to 10 years.
- A BER is carried out by independent assessors registered with SEAI.
- A list of registered BER assessors is available online at www.seai.ie/ber